Salmon Business Blog

Cost Reduction Specialists for the your Business

Browsing Posts tagged making a retrospective capital allowance claim

Assisting Day Care Nursery Owners in Reclaiming and Reducing Their Taxes

If every nursery owner has a different idea of what their ultimate “Wish List” would look like (a list of educational equipment and safety features they would like to incorporate within their business), then they all certainly have the exact same obstacles in acquiring their list – this being the  NECESSARY FUNDS to pay for them!


The plain and simple fact is that the vast majority of day nursery owners do have access to £1000’s in the form of a tax rebate from years of overpaid taxes.


The process of reclaiming your over paid taxes is available in the form of a Capital Allowance claim.  Capital Allowances have been created by the government and allows business owners the ability to offset taxable profits against the purchase of capital assets for your business, and a tax payers right to claim.  Providing you have paid tax on any profits you made within the last 2 years, then you will be entitled to make a retrospective capital allowance claim and receive a lump sum in the form of a tax rebate.  Also by making your capital allowance claim you will also automatically begin to reduce the amount of tax you pay in future years.

The result of your capital allowance claim will allow you to purchase your “WISH LIST”

Capital Allowances are somewhat of a specialised area, and in order to fully maximise your potential claim you are advised to seek specialised help and advice.

To arrange an informal meeting with one of our Capital Allowance specialists, please call us today on: 01246 293011, alternatively email

Further help and information may also be found on our web site at

To qualify for a current or retrospective Capital Allowance claim, our criteria is a follows:

  1. The acquisition of the commercial freehold property must have taken place within the last 15 years (preferably within the last 10 years)
  2. The related acquisition costs exceed £300,000
  3. The freehold property must be owned by the client personally or a trading company.
  4. Subject to no restriction in the lease regarding capital allowances, a claim could be made regarding a long lease over 25 years where a significant premium has been paid, and / or improvements in excess of £300,000 have been taken.
  5. We are happy to make a claim for the extensions on property improvements with a minimum value of £300.000.
  6. New builds or purpose built offices should also qualify.
  7. We can carry out current year claims.
  8. And finally, the client has paid tax on trading profits or rental income during the last 2 years.

Providing you qualify against all of the above points, then you are eligible to make a Capital Allowance claim.

For further information on making your Capital Allowance claim and to arrange your FREE site survey, please visit our site
alternatively, call one of our Capital Allowance specialists on 01246 293011.

Powered by WordPress Web Design by SRS Solutions © 2020 Salmon Business Blog Design by Storm Studios